LETTER HANDED BY ASSOCIATION :
Central Excise Commissionerate,
Subject : - Regarding transfer/postings orders of AGT, 2012.
The Association conveys its satisfaction and appreciation towards the implementation of the transfer policy guidelines in the AGT Orders issued recently in the Ludhiana Commissionerate. However, at the same time, we wish to bring to your kind notice that few cases have been brought to the notice of the Association through its different office bearers, which need reconsideration from the administration. These cases are being listed below for examination and disposal in a sympathetic way : -
1) It has been brought to our notice that the staff posted in Central Excise Division, Amritsar is quite inadequate and one Inspector have been give the charge of one Service Tax Range having more than 2000 assessees besides the Refund/Rebate charge. Similarly, one Inspector have been given multiple charges in the Division. Though it is known and well understandable that the strength of Inspectors is low, but at the same time, it may be ensured that whatever strength is available is deployed in a very rational manner so that an individual Inspector may not be over-loaded with so much work as to be beyond his capacity to work and which may result in omissions having revenue implications and resultant adverse effect upon the career of the concerned Inspector.
2) It has been further brought to our notice that Inspectors have been posted in Service Tax ranges for the second time while some Inspectors have never been posted in the Service Tax Ranges so far. The fact may be examined and the necessary modification in the postings orders mya be ordered.
3) It had been brought to the notice of the administration through the Additional Commissioner ( P&V) and Additional Commissioner ( Admn), C.E., Ludhiana well before the issuance of the AGT Orders that two Inspectors who remained posted in Service Tax Cell/Anti-Evasion Service Tax ( which now stands abolished ) are continuing their fourth consecutive year on field postings. In spite of this, they have been allowed to continue for the next consecutive year, which is against the laid down policy guidelines as well as the DG Vigilance and CVC guidelines, and this gives a very wrong impression to the cadre that some people are strong enough to hold the whole system/admn to ransom, which could have been avoided. The matter has already been brought to the notice of the Hon’ble Chief Commissioner also by our predecessors. This issue may be examined and necessary orders may be issued immediately so that there is no consternation on the point and the Association is not required to take up the matter again with the Chief Commissioner/higher authorities.
4) It has been brought to the notice of the Association that an Inspector remained posted at Amritsar on table posting and during the period she remained on leave for maximum period and has not thus completed even one year at Amritsar and even on non-sensitive seat. Despite this, she has been brought back to Jalandhar. The Association fully supports the compassion extended to this lady, but it is requested that similar compassion may also be extended to the other lady officers.
5) Further, some of the Inspectors had/have requested for postings within the Commissionerate on compassionate grounds, which need SYMPATHEITC consideration. The photo-copies of the representations of the following Inspectors are enclosed herewith for sympathetic consideration : -
i) Shri Harpreet Singh, Inspector
ii) Shri Palwinder Singh, Inspector
iii) Shri Ram Lal Ladhar, Inspector
iv) Shri Shiv Kumar Sharma, Inspector,
v) Shri Jatinder kumar, Inspector.
We hope that the necessary, sympathetic and positive action on the points brought to the notice of the administration will be expeditiously taken, because the justice should not only done, but it should appear to have been done.
This letter is issued with the prior approval of the President.
FOR AICEIA, CHANDIGARH CIRCLE.
REGARDING POINT NO. 3 ABOVE,THE HON'BLE COMMISSIONER APPRISED THAT THE MATTER IS LYING WITH THE HON'BLE CHIEF COMMISSIONER FOR FINAL DECISION AND THE ASSOCIATION SHOULD APPROACH THE HON'BLE CHIEF COMMISSIONER ACCORDINGLY.
WE HOPE THAT REGARDING OTHER POINTS/REQUESTS, EXPEDITIOUS AND FAVOURABLE ACTION WILL BE TAKEN BY THE ADMN.
WITH LOVE AND REGARDS,