Saturday, November 17, 2012
OUR AGITATION - PROTEST WEEK 19TH TO 23RD NOV STANDS
THE FOLLOWING IS THE CIRCULAR ISSUED BY THE JAC COMPRISING OF THE INSPECTORS OF C.E., PREVENTIVE OFFICERS, MINISTERIAL OFFICERS, GROUP C OFFICERS, DRIVERS, TELECOMMUNICATION OFFICERS AND STENOGRAPHER, PLACED ON THE ALL INDIA BLOG OF AICEIA.
OUR PROGRAMME TO OBSERVE PROTEST WEEK FROM 19 TO 23 NOVEMBER BY WEARING OF BLACK BADGES AND LUNCH HOUR DEMONSTRATION STANDS.
THE OFFICE BEARERS OF CHANDIGARH ZONE ARE REQUESTED TO KINDLY ENSURE THAT THE PROGRAMME OF AGITATION IS A COMPLETE SUCCESS IN OUR ZONE AND THEY SHOULD COORDIATE WITH THE MEMBERS OF OTHER ASSOCIATIONS TO ENSURE FULL PARTICIPATION. THE PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN AT DIFFERENT STATIONS MAY BE SENT VIA E MAIL TO THE PRESIDENT/GENERAL SECRETARY.
JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE
of Associations of Staff and Officers
in the Central Board of Excise & Customs
15/1, Strand Road, Customs House, Kolkata-700 001.
(Kolkata Customs Gr. ‘C’ Officers’ Union Room)
The Joint Action Committee has called for observance of a Protest Week from 19th to 23rd of November’12, in all offices of Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax across India and reports being received from all corners of the country indicate that preparations are on in full swing to make the programme a huge success.
Meanwhile the Central Excise Superintendents’ Association [AIACEGEO] has unilaterally announced on 16.11.2012 that it is withdrawing from this agitation. In the meeting at Chennai on 08.10.2012 the Superintendents’ Association and JAC had chalked out the Agitation Programme with mutual understanding that the same would be conducted jointly, and since the Superintendents’ Association had certain reservations on a couple of Demands in the JAC Charter, they would have an independent Charter of Demands. All suggestions put forth by the Superintendents’ Association were accommodated in the JAC programme and correspondence, and co-operation in every possible manner was extended to them in our attempt to foster a spirit of unity and solidarity among all deprived cadres in the CBEC. It is unfortunate that at the eleventh hour, without consulting the JAC or even informing any of us, the Central Excise Superintendents’ Association has backtracked and called off the agitation. However it is heartening to note that some regional formations of the Superintendents’ Association have informed that they would be participating in the JAC programme.
Certain vested interests are spreading rumours that the JAC too has withdrawn the call to observe the Protest Week. Kindly lend no credence to these. After detailed consultations among constituents of the JAC, it is clarified that our agitation is on, and all Group B and Group C officers and staff of the CBEC [Executive and Ministerial, Gazetted and Non-Gazetted, from both the Customs and Excise sides] are exhorted to actively and whole heartedly participate in this Agitation Programme in overwhelming numbers to unequivocally convey to the Board and the Government that we will no longer continue to silently suffer the ignominies heaped on us.
LONG LIVE JAC!
LONG LIVE UNITY OF ALL CADRES IN CBEC!
Ashis Chakraborty Ajit Kumar K G
Joint Conveners of the JAC of Associations
of Staff and Officers in the CBEC
1. The General Secretary, All India Customs Ministerial Employees Federation, 15/1, Strand Road Kolkata 700 001.
2. The Secretary General, All India Central Excise & Service Tax Ministerial Officers’ Association, 26/1, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 034.
3. The Secretary General, All India Central Excise Inspectors Association, MIG II- 224, HUDCO, Bhilai Chhattisgarh 490 009.
4. The Secretary General, All India Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax Non Gazetted Executive Officers Federation, IS Press Road, Kochi -18, Kerala.
5. The General Secretary, Central Revenue Chemical Association, Central Revenue Control Laboratory, Hill Side Road, I A R I, Pusa, New Delhi-110 012.
6. The Secretary General, All India Customs Preventive Service Federation, Custom House, 33, Rajaji Salai, Chennai 600 001.
7. The General Secretary, All India Federation of Customs & Central Excise Telecommunication Staff, O/o the CC (Prev), Telecom Wing, 7th Floor, M S Building, 15/1, Strand Road, Kolkata 700 001 West Bengal.
8. The Secretary General, All India Association of Central Excise Gazetted Executive Officers, 240, Razapur, Ghaziabad, 201 001 Uttar Pradesh.
9. The Secretary General / President, All India Federation of Superintendents of Customs, 3rd Floor, New Custom House, Ballard Estate, Mumbai 400001.
10. The President, All India Customs Appraising Officers’ Federation, New Custom House, Ballard Estate, Mumbai 400 038.
11. The Secretary General, All India Drivers’ (Customs & Central Excise) Association, Drivers’ Room, New Custom House, Near IGI Airport and Air Cargo Complex, New Delhi 110 037.
12. The General Secretary, All India Association of Customs & Central Excise Stenographers, Customs and Central Excise Commissionerate III, L B Stadium Road, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500 004.